UCEA NOTICE OF OFFICER ELECTION
On May 20, 2019, the election for officers of the Union City Education Association (UCEA) will be conducted in each work site in the Union City School District.
Balloting will take place at your assigned work site (check your UCEA bulletin board for polling hours and location at your work site).
Voting will be by paper ballot and will be supervised by the UCEA Election Committee and by (possibly) NJEA staff
According to the UCEA Nomination Committee, the UCEA members must be duly nominated, and have accepted the nomination, for one of the eight officer positions.
All active UCEA members in good standing are eligible to vote. Verification of active membership will be according to the NJEA membership list for UCEA as of May 16, 2019. Please visit njea.org to verify your membership prior to May 16. If your name does not appear on the eligible voter list for your work site, but you believe you are eligible to vote, you will be issued a ballot and required to place such ballot in a Contested Ballot envelope to be sealed and signed by you. Refusal to follow this procedure will result in denial of access to the ballot box.
All candidates will be advised of the following campaign rules, which have been established by and will be enforced by the UCEA Election Committee, as authorized by the UCEA Executive Committee:
- No school or association resources may be used by any candidate or other person acting on behalf of a candidate for purposes of campaigning. This includes, but is not limited to, computers and computer networks, membership lists, copiers, printers, and supplies.
- Candidates may only communicate regarding their own positions or qualifications, or the positions or qualifications of other candidates with whom they have declared they are running as a slate. Any communication naming or referring to other candidates, whether in print or electronic media or in person, will be in violation of these rules.
- Campaigning may not occur during contract hours at any work site in the Union City School District.
- Candidates and their immediate family members (spouses, children, or siblings) may not be in the area of any ballot box for any period of time, except for the purpose of casting their own votes. Any candidate who is instructed by an Election Committee member or NJEA staff member to move away from a ballot box and fails to do so immediately will be in violation of these rules.
- Violations of these rules shall be heard by the UCEA Election Committee and may result in sanctions, up to and including forfeiture of office. Disputes arising from this process may be appealed to the NJEA Affiliation Committee.